So you’ve bitten the bullet and finally got round to booking a professional head shot photo shoot. Soon you will be waving goodbye to that LinkedIn profile picture that’s been making you cringe just a little bit every time you’ve seen it pop up because it really just doesn’t show you at your best. Your website and Facebook profiles will soon be brushed up with your sparkling new and professional image. The problem is that you’re not massively confident in front of the camera (I’m just making a guess here as I think, based on experience and not on scientific fact that 95% of the population aren’t) and you’re feeling a bit apprehensive about your session.
The first thing to know is that this won’t hurt a bit. We’re professional photographers with everything we need in the studio to give you the best possible images and experience. And due to the fact that, as I mentioned above, 95% of the population don’t really love having their picture taken, we’re pretty used to that also. Our studio is a relaxed and welcoming space and we have plenty of time to let you get into the photo shoot so you can relax and look your best in your finished images. So, OK, we’ve covered that they’ll be no physical pain involved but there might still be a little lingering anxiety about this whole thing. Well, preparation is a great nerve calmer so here’s our top five tips to help you get ready…
- Schedule your life if at all possible so you get enough sleep the night before.
- Pick an outfit or two to bring along that you love and you know you feel fantastic in every time but be aware that bold patterns can be distracting and logos (other than your company one of course) can date your images quickly.
- It’s likely that you’ll want to choose colour images over black and white in the finished photos so bear that in mind when you’re selecting your clothes.
- You don’t need to apply additional make up for the studio environment – our lights guarantee a natural look – but it’s worth just making sure you have enough time before you leave for your session to pay a little attention to your make up and grooming. You don’t want to be in a rush to leave and then feel like you aren’t looking your best so just add a bit of clear time to your schedule beforehand to make sure that this isn’t the case.
- If you’re worried, or to be honest, even if you’re not, have a little practice in front of the mirror before you set off. It sounds like something that a teenage girl would do but it can be really useful to help you decide the face (literally) that you want your customers to see.
Once you’ve got to the studio, you’ve done the hard bit. So breathe, relax and let us take care of everything. Look down the lens and know that you’re completely prepared. Then look forward to your revamped, updated and professional images making a splash on all of your digital and print marketing.